Toys. Jobs. Furniture. Cars. Boyfriends.
All available on Craigslist!
If you’ve ever used the all-encompassing website you’d be hard-pressed to think of a category that’s not featured in one of the many lists. They’ve really thought of everything, haven’t they? It seems that anything can find a home in one of the website’s many categories. But Craigslist’s ingenuity doesn’t just stop there!
The company also thought of everything that pertains to employee benefits and super awesome perks!
From the fantastic blog post Budgets Are Sexy:
- Craigslist pays 100% of employee’s (and any eligible dependent’s) health and dental insurance
- Craigslist pays 100% of employee’s covered out-of-pocket healthcare expenses ($3K, $5K or $7K annually, depending on # of eligible dependents)
- 401(k) matching program (up to 6% of employee’s salary), with immediate vesting
- 3-to-1 match on employee’s charitable donations (up to 10% of an employee’s salary)
- Life insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- 4 weeks of paid time off annually
- 8-10 paid holidays
- Monthly transportation stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly technology stipend for mobile phone and at-home Internet (tech staff only)
- Breakfast, lunch, fresh fruit, and healthy snacks daily
- Weekly in-office yoga
- In-office bicycle parking
- Coffeebot 9000!
The Craigslist Experience:
- An unusually philanthropic company mission and philosophy
- An opportunity to work on one of the most used websites in the world
- The prospect of imagining, designing, coding, and releasing a better CL
- Non-garden-variety tech challenges à la billions-of-page-views-per-day
- A workplace free of VCs, MBAs, sales, marketing, biz dev, endless meetings
- A continuous deployment environment — we ship code 2-20x a day
- Tens of millions of people experiencing the bugs features you develop
- A chance to work with open source technologies at ridiculous scale
- Free love from CL users for making site improvements
- Laid-back, down-to-earth, non-corporate vibe
- A small team of fun, smart, interesting, idealistic people
- A San Francisco office location well served by transit
- Millions in company charitable giving each year to worthy causes
- A small company culture with high retention and better benefits than most large companies
- Market rates for you — free classifieds for humanity.
Our cofounder and VP of Business Development Betsy Rowbottom says it best:
“Smart companies – like Craigslist (love Craigslist!) are winning the best talent by attracting discerning job seekers who see what CL does for people (perks & all the great stuff they do for the community). As the job market becomes more and more competitive, companies are investing in differentiating their cultures as a way to attract talent. Once again, Craigslist is a true pioneer!”
Way to go, Craigslist!